09/30/2013 // submit Blog // Submit Press Release 123 // (press release)
Nowadays it is not uncommon to experience information overload due to the boom of information technology wherein people from all walks of life have the liberty to create and access information any time, all the time. This often happens in social media more especially in Facebook wherein various kinds of news feeds and information are being thrown out from all sides, leaving people tired and bored.
If you are managing the online visibility of your business through your Facebook fan page, you should consider the fact that updating your page by just posting anything is not an effective strategy, especially if you are competing with various types of news feeds to attract your fans’ attention. Fortunately, there are easy yet effective ways to get their attention and engagement without breaking a sweat.
I – Be Creative and Unique in your Promo Posts
Why do you think Lady Gaga had managed to become very popular? It’s because her music and style is different. This also goes the same with your Facebook promo updates or posts. No matter how many fans you have, if your post is boring and non-provocative, then it won’t generate any response and engagement. You can use this tactic by following the tips below.
• If you are selling pizzas and decided to have a promo, you can present it in a funky and unique way that has higher chances of capturing your fans interest. For example, you can say in your post that you will be having a buy 1 take 1 promo for the first 10 customers that brought with them a printed copy of your Facebook page’s logo. Isn’t that fun? Your fans would surely love to participate and this can definitely increase your page’s engagement rate.
• On the other hand, if you are a software development company, and would like to promote your newest Android or iPhone app, you can create a post that would encourage your followers to comment. For example, the person who will post the 1000th comment will receive an Android smartphone. That would surely create a rave and fun.
II – Post Fun and Interesting Images or Photos
A picture paints a thousand words and it captures more attention than a group of texts or phrases. This is absolutely true. Posts with no photos compared to those which have ones generate fewer responses. But, how about posting images of quotes your followers can closely relate to? Surely a winner and has already been proven as an effective attention catcher. The following are some ideas that you can incorporate in your image post.
• If you are promoting a dating website, posting a quote within an image that says “Love means never having to say you’re sorry”, is a good idea, more especially if you will insert a provocative question like – “Do you agree?”. For sure, your followers will be busy posting their opinions.
• If you are promoting your travel or lifestyle blog, don’t be afraid to post crazy photos from your vacation or the weirdest food you have eaten. The crazier the better as that would mean it is something most of your followers haven’t seen or experienced before.
III – Make Your Fans a Part of your Decision Making
What’s more engaging than making your followers feel that they play an important role in the progress of your business? Asking them for feedback about an upcoming project or getting their opinions if you are going to expand or not, is easy yet effective ways to increase engagement. See example posts below.
• If you are a fitness coach and you are pooling potential students for your Yoga classes, you can post something like – “Hey! I’m planning to set-up 2 yoga classes next month. What time would be best to do a class in the morning and in the evening? ”. Aside from getting the right schedule that best suit your students, you are also promoting your classes just by asking them. This subtle promotion tactic is always effective and often gets the best responses.
• On the other hand, if you are launching a book, and would like to know your fans’ expectations before launching it to the public, you can post something like this – “Two months to go before my book lunching. Would like to know what you think before it will be available to the public. I will send free hardbound copies to the first 10 fans who can give a five-paragraph explanation why they are waiting for my book’s release. Start commenting NOW! ”. That would surely illicit reactions from your hard core fans and bookworms.
IV – Make sure to always put a Call to Action in your Posts
This is the most basic way to compel followers to do something, yet this hasn’t been utilized by most fan page owners. See samples below on how this is done.
• If you are aiming to get lots of likes on your post, just do it this way – “How are you today? Click Like if you are doing great.”
• On the other hand, if you would like to see more comments and feedback, try “Comment if you hate Nicki Minaj, or forever hold your silence”.
By giving your fans actionable options, you are encouraging them to participate, thus improving the overall user activity and engagement on your page.
You don’t really need to be a marketing expert to effectively manage your Facebook page. As long as you know well what your followers want and what are the things that can compel them to do something, you will just be amaze at how they themselves can help you increase your page’s engagement and grow your business at the same time.
To learn more about Facebook marketing and how to leverage social media press release distribution bookmark our blog http://blog.submitpressrelease123.com